Dr Jonathan Lyne is a leading specialist and expert in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to heart rhythm. He graduated with distinctions in Medicine & Surgery from Cambridge University in 1998. His specialist training and research in Cardiology, Electrophysiology (Ablation), Cardiac Devices and Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging was undertaken at the largest specialist Heart and Lung Hospitals in Europe.
Dr Lyne has is rated as one of the top 100 doctors in Ireland (Hospital Professional News).
Dr Lyne has also visited a number worldwide centres to train colleagues. In 2010 he was appointed as a locum Consultant Cardiologist and Electrophysiologist at the Royal Brompton Hospital before transferring to the Mater Private Network, Dublin in 2011. He has since moved to establish his private practice at Blackrock Health (Blackrock Clinic and Hermitage Clinic) the Beacon Hospital and St Vincents Private Hospital.
Dr Lyne is actively involved in clinical audit and research as an Associate Clinical Professor within University College Dublin.
In 2022 Dr Lyne was appointed as a Board member of the Irish Cardiac Society.
The experience and specialist expertise Dr Lyne has in Heart Rhythm disorders is recognised as a Fellow of the Heart Rhythm Society (FHRS) and a Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology (FESC).
- Palpitation / Heart rhythm disturbance.
- Atrial and ventricular arrhythmia including atrial fibrillation (adult and paediatric).
- Collapse / Fainting / Loss of consciousness.
- Sudden death.
- Vasovagal syncope.
- Cardiac risk or family history of cardiac disease.
- Implantable devices (Pacemakers, Defibrillators, Internal heart monitors).
- Cardiac rhythm abnormalities – diagnosis and treatment including mapping and ablation techniques.
- Specific expertise in atrial fibrillation – diagnosis, management and ablation.
- Heart failure devices (CRT / Biventricular pacing / Conduction System pacing).
- Device / Lead extraction (Cook Evolution System).
- Left Atrial Appendage Occlusion (Watchman / Amulet / Atricure).
- Patient education on heart rhythm disorders.
Dr Lyne organises and teaches on courses in pacing and cardiac ablation both in Ireland and internationally. He also lectures and has chaired scientific sessions at a number of national and international congresses and performed live broadcast operations and procedures, including at the St James Hospital, Dublin – Live Meeting. He is an industry consultant and works in an advisory capacity for a number of medical device companies.
Dr Lyne provides a teaching course in Conduction System Pacing for International delegates to train in the most up to date techniques in this rapidly evolving area.
Dr Lyne is an Associate Professor at University College Dublin.
He uses the very latest diagnostic techniques, advanced mapping and procedures including cardiac ablation. He has one of the largest experiences in treating Atrial fibrillation by Ultra High Power Short Duration ablation (Carto QDot – Biosense Webster). He also has a large experience in the insertion and management of cardiac devices, including ICD’s (defibrillators, both conventional and subcutaneous), pacemakers (both conventional and leadless), lead extraction, device optimisation and upgrades. He has developed a Conduction System Pacing (CSP) program including providing both Left Bundle Branch Pacing and His Bundle Pacing techniques.